PREVIOUS CURRICULUM LEADERS
- CANDACE BOWEN, MJE / Editing (2017-2018)
- JOHN BOWEN, MJE / Law & Ethics (2017-2018)
- AVA BUTZU / Entrepreneurship (2017-2018)
- ERINN HARRIS, MJE / Multimedia Broadcasting (2017-2018)
- BRIAN HAYES, MJE / Design (2017-2018)
- ELIZABETH LEVIN, MJE / Writing (2017-2018)
- TIM MORLEY, CJE / Photography (2017-2018)
- REBECCA POLLARD, MJE / Leadership (2017-2018)
- JUSTIN RAISNER / Web (2017-2018)
- MARGIE RAPER, MJE / News Gathering (2017-2018)
- LINDA BALLEW / Editing (2013-2014)
- MICHELLE BALMEO, MJE / Web (2014-2015)
- VICKI MCCASH BRENNAN / News Writing (2013-2014) and News Gathering (2014-2016)
- RENEE BURKE, MJE / Design (2014-2015)
- PHIL DIGNAN / News Gathering (2013-2014)
- MEGAN FROMM, CJE / News Literacy (2013-2015)
- BRENDA GORSUCH, MJE / Writing (2014-2015)
- JULIEANNE MCCLAIN / Photojournalism (2013-2015)
- LORI OGLESBEE-PETTER, MJE / Writing (2013-2014)
- HOLLY SOBOROFF / Opinion Writing (2013-2014)
- TRACEY WARD / Web (2013-2014)
- CASANDRA WORKMAN, CJE / Design (2013-2014)
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We are always looking for members who can help us contribute to make this curriculum stronger. Here’s how you can get involved.
- Apply to be a curriculum leader. As openings develop for curriculum leaders, we will post them on jea.org.
- Provide us with examples. Getting permission from copyright owners is among the most difficult tasks of developing curriculum, and if you and/or your students have materials we could incorporate as examples, we’d love to add them. Contact the appropriate curriculum leader directly.
- Help us test the curriculum. We are looking to ensure that the curriculum we present is both valid and reliable, but to do that it needs to be tested in the classroom, with independent assessments of its effectiveness. If you are using some of the curriculum in your classroom and would be willing to be part of this ongoing study, please email mfromm (at ) d51schools (dot) org.
- Help us apply more standards. While we have applied Common Core State Standards to every lesson in the initiative, we know that many of our members live in states that do not adhere to CCSS. If you have experience with standards in these states and would like to help us tag the curriculum appropriately, please email mfromm (at ) d51schools (dot) org.