In this lesson, students will complete a test in two parts. It will require students to apply their acquired skills in branding, audience engagement, social media, publication marketing, and publication management by taking a written test of two parts, the second of which requires them to evaluate their publication’s own branding, audience engagement and publication marketing strategies.
- Students will demonstrate understanding of branding, audience engagement, social media, publication marketing, and publication management as discussed throughout the course.
- Students will explain and evaluate their decisions in writing.
120-140 minutes (2 60-70 minute classes)
1. Written test — whole class
Distribute the written test, which makes up the first part of the test for the end of the Entrepreneurship Unit. Students should have the class period to complete this part of the test. Those that finish quickly may begin writing the Experiential Report, with teacher permission.
1. Experiential Report — 5 minutes
Review the instructions for the Experiential Report with students, explaining that this is the second part of their test and they should prepare answers that evaluate their own publications, with particular emphasis on evaluating how closely they follow the principles discussed in class.
2. Writing — remainder of class
Instruct students to develop and write their response for the Experiential Report.